Just another Krueger’s Online Home site

Todd's Journey

October 16th

Posted by martha on October 17, 2010 in Medical Info with 29 Comments

After a long day of sharing his love with us, Todd went to be with Jesus tonight around 10:25pm.  The day began with Todd waking Hannah and I around 6:30am shouting, “Yahweh,yahweh! The Lord is glorious, glorious.  Praise to Him.”  Todd was surounded by family and friends today.  During the day, he called out to each of us.  He told us he loved us over and over.   He asked for lots of hugs.  He would say, “harder, harder”!  His breathing became even more labored and his temperature continued to drop.  We sang hymns with Todd many times today.  He really loved the singing and sang “Blessed Assurance” and “It Is Well With My Soul” along with us when he could.  Throughout the day, he was singing one recurring hymn, “When We All Get To Heaven”.  Todd slept alot today.  He woke many times to say, “Praise Him, praise Him”.  At one point today, Todd called for everybody to come into his room.  He wanted to know who was in the room.  We each spoke to Todd, one at a time, telling him that we loved him and then he said, “I have something to tell you.  Everybody is here.  And Jesus is here too.”  We sang “Jesus Loves Me” and thanked God for our Todd.

Todd gave us a beautiful day of love and affirmation.  At the end of this blessed day, with his family by his side, Todd took his last breathe.  We will miss him so!!!

1. Kathy MitchellOctober 17, 2010 - 2:37 pm #1

Thank you, Todd, for loving my sister so perfectly. You two have shown me what true, pure love looks like; especially during these last few days and months. Thank you for that. I will miss you always.

2. Evan montgomeryOctober 17, 2010 - 2:40 pm #2

Mrs. Martha I give you prayers and if any of you need comfort the Montgomery Family is here. Isaac told this at 10:45 last night filled with sadness. I feel Isaac will the be the best friend I will ever have and I’m honored that I may of been the first friend he would tell in that time.
    evan

3. Sondra MitchellOctober 17, 2010 - 2:58 pm #3

Glory to God for taking Todd in your arms and relieving him of pain. God remain to be with Todd’s family. Love in Christ, Sondra

4. Ryan and Kat MuseOctober 17, 2010 - 3:42 pm #4

I am so sorry & I love you guys very much! It sounds like he had a wonderfully faith & family filled day. Thank God for being with you all & for Todd no longer being in pain. I can only imagine the awesome birthday party in Heaven today ;) Love you!

5. Chris and Emily DrakeOctober 17, 2010 - 3:44 pm #5

Preaching until the last minute is the Todd we all know and love. What an amazing birthday gift to meet Our Father.
    We love you all.

6. Phillip CatesOctober 17, 2010 - 3:51 pm #6

Dear Martha and Kids:

Please know how much we are feeling the loss as well today. Since we discovered Todd’s illness we and literally hundreds of with like mind and spirit have been praying for him. So many were young people that came to know Jesus Christ through Chrysalis – and who Todd touched as our Spiritual Director and guide. Todd was a faithful servant of Christ throughout and the way he faced death is a testimony to the power of his faith.

We miss him and want to be supportive in every way possible to you and your family.

With love that transcends death – we know that Todd now “flies with Christ,”
    Your Brother,
    Phillip

7. Wanda CasteelOctober 17, 2010 - 3:53 pm #7

Martha, you and the chilldren are certainly in my prayers. He will be missed. I pray for God’s peace to fill your hearts and his comfort to enfold each of you. Blessings and love, Wanda

8. VelnaOctober 17, 2010 - 5:19 pm #8

We are so blessed to have had the privilege of knowing Todd and being loved by him. His love will last forever in our hearts. And while we know we must celebrate his homegoing to Jesus, we still greive for our loss of a dear friend and servant of Christ.

9. StormieOctober 17, 2010 - 5:21 pm #9

Dear Martha and kids,
    I am so sorry!
    I know that your husband, your dad, and my cousin was an incredible human being who was truly devoted to life.
    May he rest in peace with the angels at his side.
    Prayers and blessings to you at this time in your life!
    Love,
    Stormie

10. Hunter and Karen PrestonOctober 17, 2010 - 6:01 pm #10

Martha,

What a testimony to marriage, love and living for Christ you and Todd have been since he was diagnosed in July. Hunter and I will continue to pray for you and the children in the weeks to come.

You have blessed so many lives with your strength and faith during this difficult journey and I have no doubt that the Lord will use you as a vessel to help many other families in similar situations.

May the Lord Bless and Keep you and Hannah and Issac today, tomorrow and always.

Peace and love,
    Hunter and Karen Preston
    Jonesboro UMC

11. The Offield FamilyOctober 17, 2010 - 6:10 pm #11

Krueger Family,
    My heart breaks for you. What a love story you have spun from the very beginning of this journey–love for each other, love for family, love for friends, love for strangers reading about your journey, and most important your love for the Lord! Wow! What Christian examples you are. Sharing this journey with all of us has helped to bring all of us closer to the Lord as we join this journey with you and become a part of it. John 9:2 says “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him.” God uses a man like Job and Todd so the people that surround him will be blessed because of it and His, Yahweh’s name will be glorified among all people. Calling on Yahweh and singing those hymns is just like Todd–still preaching and serving the Lord there in the hospital room! Praise God and thanks be to God for putting the Krueger family in our lives and the lives of all those at New Hope United Methodist Church! Todd’s love of the Lord will shine on through others that have been in this journey with you.
    Prayers, love and hugs,
    Doris and Dewey Offield
    (and Lance)

12. Terry HamptonOctober 17, 2010 - 6:52 pm #12

Martha, Issac, and Hannah, it is hard to find words right now. What an amazing witness you all have been. To know that Jesus himself was in you presence last night has to be so comforting. I cannot even imagine what peace that must have been.
    To anyone who is not sure about their faith. Here is the TRUTH. Here is REALITY. There is no doubt of where Todd is today.
    I will miss Todd. He was a wonderful friend. He won the Victory.
    Love and Peace,
    Terry

13. Sarah LeeOctober 17, 2010 - 6:53 pm #13

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I will always have great memories of Todd from my freshman year at Methodist.

14. Shannon MedlinOctober 17, 2010 - 6:57 pm #14

Dear Martha, Hannah and Isaac,
    What an amazing testimony! Thank you for sharing Todd’s journey with us. My heart is broken for you all but please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so thankful that I got to know and work with Todd while he served on the AC Secretarial Staff.

Love and Blessings,
    Shannon Medlin
    Conference Secretary’s Office

15. Rev. Robert and Janna SheltonOctober 17, 2010 - 7:13 pm #15

Sunday, Oct. 17, 2010 3:00 p.m.

Dear Martha,

Oh, how I wish for you and the kids that there could have been a different ending. But for Todd, what a glorious beginning to his eternity with our Lord – being ushered into heaven by the precious voices of all of his earthly loved ones!

Now I know why that after I read your Oct. 15th blog entry last night (which was the 16th), the song “Jesus Loves Me” was so strong on my heart. It was so strong on my heart that I actually looked it up in the hymnal and read the words of all 3 verses out loud. I even sang it out loud as I typed the first line of the song in my last night’s comment (changing the “me” to “us”). All around the same time that you all were singing it as well!

We will continue to pray for God’s comforting presence to abide with you, for God’s comforting arms to surround you in a way that you will feel He will never let go, for God’s everlasting peace to prevail in your daily goings and comings, and for God’s love and grace to shine through every thought and remembrance of Todd!

Thank you for sharing your family’s journey with us. We will pray for you as you do all that has to be done. We will pray for strength. We will pray for peace. And we will pray for the joy of Jesus in the midst of your sorrow! As Todd said, “Jesus is here too.”

In His Everlasting Arms,
    Janna (& Rob) Shelton

16. Gina BryantOctober 18, 2010 - 12:27 am #16

So sorry for the loss of Todd. I always found him to be such a funny and interesting person as well as a devoted family guy. I know you will miss him and I know it sounds corny but he is in a better place freefrom pain but Iknow you will all misss him so.
    Love to you all.Praying for you !
    Love, Gina

17. Paul DunhamOctober 18, 2010 - 12:28 am #17

We are praying for you and your family. Resurrection Hope is real. As is the Comforter. I cannot imagine the loss you feel, yet I know that God will walk with you through this time. May God Bless you all.

18. TimOctober 18, 2010 - 12:37 am #18

Martha and kids,
    I have had Todd & all of you in my thoughts and prayers from the begining. I had hoped for something different for you all, but the Lord has a plan that we may not always understand. I just wanted to say may god be with each of you during this time and for always.

19. Jason DardenOctober 18, 2010 - 1:09 am #19

A Disciple of Christ unto the end. Thank you Todd for your living testimony.

20. Allison StroudOctober 18, 2010 - 1:17 am #20

We will all miss Todd very much. Praise God for the many spiritual moments you experienced together and the impact that he had on others during his lifetime. We know where he is today and it’s a wonderful place. We’re continue to pray for your family.
    love,
    Allison

21. Doug and Mary Miller, Jordan and ChristianOctober 18, 2010 - 1:18 am #21

Martha, Hannah, and Isaac,
    It has only been a few hours and we miss Todd already. We are the most blessed of all to have had Todd share his incredible life with all of us. Martha, he had the BEST WIFE and SOUL MATE in the whole world. You have been so amazing to pour out to serve your husband these last months and days. Hannah and Isaac, your dad has to be so very proud of your witness of trusting in Christ even when the prayers were difficult to pray. You all poured out everything you have– everything just like Mary Magdalene did at Jesus’ feet. Todd gave us all many gifts, but you also gave him the greatest gift of a loving and Christ-centered family. You just don’t know how deeply humbled to be part of your family, forever in Christ. We will be walking with you in the days, months, and years to come. We love you all so very much.

22. Dr. George A. Small, Class of 85October 18, 2010 - 1:46 am #22

My deepest and heartfelt sympathy and sincerest condolences go to all.

My prayers go on!

My Best,
    George

23. BeckyOctober 18, 2010 - 2:06 am #23

He has fought the good fight, He has finished the race, He has kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7

24. Barry & Lisa Williamson and Kids (Upwards Soccer & FB)October 18, 2010 - 2:10 am #24

Our hearts break for you and all of Todd’s family and friends who loved him so much. Our hearts rejoice for Todd and the beginning of an eternal journey we can only dream about. We look forward to seeing him again. Thank you God for the blessing of knowing Todd and being uplifted by his (and his family’s) incredible witness. Our prayers are with you all. Don’t hesitate to call on us.

25. MaryAnn PowellOctober 18, 2010 - 3:44 am #25

God blessed us all with knowing Todd. Now He has called him home. Don’t you know that Todd had the best birthday party ever in heaven, with God the Father sitting at the head of the table, and Jesus right there beside Todd helping to blow out the candles. May the Holy Spirit fill all our hearts and help full the empty place we feel there. Todd hasn’t left us. He’s just gone before us to get heaven ready for the big family reunion to come.

I am so lucky to have worked with Todd for just a little while. He truly will be missed.

Love to Martha, Hannah and Isaac!

26. RJ OrwigOctober 19, 2010 - 2:17 am #26

Martha

This blog is a powerful storey of faith throughout. I hope someday to hear of this journey being published. God is easy to find during the good times. But Todd’s last gift to me and eveyone else was letting me know Jesus and God will always be with you. I learned to never doubt and always believe.

Martha

27. Margie FryeOctober 19, 2010 - 3:49 pm #27

Martha, Hannah and Isaac,
    I am so sorry for your loss and at the same time I am so glad that Todd is no longer in pain and suffering. Todd gave some of the most memorable and moving sermons that I have ever experienced. These will always stay with me. I am so glad I was able to know Todd and experience the faith that he had in God. I continue to pray for you and your family.

Margie Frye
    Emmanuel United Methodist Church
    Burlington, NC

28. Tiana CooperOctober 20, 2010 - 10:34 pm #28

The angels in heaven are rejoicing…one of Christ children is home. Martha i was very sorry to hear about Todd. My prayers go out to you and the kids.

29. Donna BurchOctober 28, 2010 - 8:23 am #29

Martha, Hannah and Isaac.
    Our hearts will never be the same after the loss of our beloved Todd. He came into our lives in like a whirlwind, always moving, full of energy and challenge to all who met him. His wit and smile always was such a delight and his mischieviousness was often thrilling as he approached life head-on. He was not afraid of anything! He knew who was in control and even though he, like all of us would like to think we are, knew deep down it was not him. God was in control of Todd from the very beginning and had a terrific plan for his life. Todd accepted the ball God tossed him and he ran all the way to the goal line with it.
    I’ve never met ANYONE who lived the faith as well as Todd. His strength was from God and his thoughts and words, works and love were gifts of an annointed one. He was not perfect and he knew it, strove to improve who he was for others and especially for his God. He told me once that his love for you Martha, kept him making the right choices, the Godly ones, for his life as a man-a human being born in sin and temptation. He was a pillar among men. I always looked up to him as he was the man God defined in the scriptures.
    We all saw his determination to serve his God in his patience even with death and disease facing him. He never stopped preaching, praising and waiting upon his Lord for the next challenge God put in front of him. Yes, he role modeled to us all a Job, an Abraham and a Paul.
    He took disappointment with chenched teeth but moved on.
    You three have been so very lucky to have Todd as a husband and father. I know your lives have been rich and having had him, will increase your wealth of life hereafter. Right now the loss is so great, I shutter to think of your pain. But Todd has won the Final Victory we all seek. He just won it sooner than any of us here wanted. God rejoices to have his child in his arms again. I’m sure he told Todd that moment he passed from this world to the next, “GOOD JOB, Todd. I’m very proud of how you lived my love”.
    As we all go forward without our dear friend, I pray we remember each day his commitment to his Lord. I know he changed my life for the better and I hope I can do the same for others as Todd would have wanted me to.
    God bless you all and know I love you always. Due to lack of adequate transportation, I was not able to be with you for his memorial. But I am always as near as the phone. Call me anytime and we will comfort each other. Please let me know where you guys end up moving as I hope we can keep in touch always. 336-228-1707 rings, 24/7.