Just another Krueger’s Online Home site

Todd's Journey

October 15th

Posted by martha on October 16, 2010 in Medical Info with 13 Comments

Today has been the worst day so far.  Todd’s kidneys are worse.  He has major swelling from all the fluid that his kidneys cannot expel.  The Drs. think that the risk of dialysis at this point is too great.  Todd’s temperature today has been an low as 93 and his blood pressure is up.  The Dr. ordered a chest x-ray that showed something in his lungs.  This could be either fluid or an infection.  Todd received one platelet transfusion today.  His breathing has become more labored.  He is less and less responsive as the day goes on.  The Drs. took me aside and we discussed Todd’s situation.  They have not been very encouraging.  I called my sister to bring the kids as soon as possible.  Todd’s parents and sister have come from Virginia.  Several close friends also joined us.  We all shared our love for Todd and prayed for a miracle.  We circled his bed and sang his favorite hymns.  Todd tried to sing along with “It Is Well With My Soul”.  Todd’s best friend, Doug Miller, prayed over Todd and performed last rites.

1. BeckyOctober 16, 2010 - 8:33 pm #1

Praying for peace and comfort for Todd and your family. Your family was surely a blessing to me and our family at UNC.

2. Pat TarbellOctober 16, 2010 - 9:21 pm #2

Martha my heart is breaking for you and the children. I echo the prayers for peace and comfort for Todd and your family.

3. Fay BrownOctober 16, 2010 - 10:17 pm #3

We are praying for you’all today. No words are good enough to express our concerns nor caring today. This journey is so hard, but God is there and in control. Love – Fay, Tommy & Meaghan

4. Tracy, Sim & Sarah BrownOctober 16, 2010 - 10:27 pm #4

We love you all and pray you feel God’s loving arms.

5. Darrell, Patty and Abigael JonesOctober 16, 2010 - 11:11 pm #5

We still continue to pray for that miracle too. Just know that we love you guys and are here for you if you need us.

6. Rev. Robert and Janna SheltonOctober 16, 2010 - 11:30 pm #6

Martha,

Praying for you ALL to feel the comforting arms of our Jesus!
    Jesus loves us! This we know, for the Bible tells us so!

In His Amazing Love,
    Janna (& Rob) Shelton

7. Doris and DeweyOctober 17, 2010 - 2:15 am #7

Martha and Todd,
    My heart breaks for you. What a love story you have spun from the very beginning of this journey–love for each other, love for family, love for friends, love for strangers reading about your journey, and most important your love for the Lord! Wow! What Christian examples you are. Sharing this journey with all of us has helped to bring all of us closer to the Lord as we join this journey with you and become a part of it. I have searched the Bible and my heart to understand all this as I am sure just like many others. 2 Timothy 2:12 “If we endure, we shall also reign with Him” I also read John chapter 9 for clarity. Verse 2 says “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him.” God uses a man like Job and Todd so the people that surround him will be blessed because of it and His, Yahweh’s name will be glorified among all people. Calling on Yahweh and singing those hymns is just like Todd–still preaching and serving the Lord there in the hospital room! Praise God and thanks be to God for putting the Krueger family in our lives and the lives of all those at New Hope United Methodist Church! Jesus IS in the room with you all!!!
    Prayers, love and hugs,
    Doris and Dewey Offield
    (and Lance)

8. Melissa WatkinsOctober 17, 2010 - 2:24 am #8

We earnestly and honestly love and pray for you each and together for peace and healing; the loving arms of God to surround you. We are here for you now and always. Mel, William and Mary Allison

9. Beth and Tim NicholsOctober 17, 2010 - 10:17 am #9

Our prayers continue for the healing that comes. We love you all.
    Beth, Tim, Joshua, and Juanita

• Juanita RegisterOctober 17, 2010 - 10:35 am #10

Throughout the night, I have prayed for our Todd and his beloved family … for you, Martha and the children … and both of your families. May God’s presence surround you and keep you always, providing peace and healing as only He can do. Our love always.
      Juanita and my love ones, Beth, Tim, and Joshua.

10. VelnaOctober 17, 2010 - 12:26 pm #11

Our Sunday School scripture is: “God is our refuge and strength,a very present help in trouble,” Ps 46:1 We love you and praise God for your witness and ministry. You continue to teach us about God’s love. SUMC continues to pray for you on your Birthday!

11. Jason DardenOctober 17, 2010 - 12:43 pm #12

On your birthday, I’m going to pray in celebration of Todd’s life.
    Thank you God, for Martha and Todd. Thank You for their loving children. Thank you for the friends You have supplied them. Thank you for prayer. Amen.

12. Donna BurchOctober 17, 2010 - 11:35 pm #13

Martha, Hannah and Isaac. My heart breaks for you and I wish I could carry the burden you now feel. I love you ALL as I surely loved Todd. Todd was an annointed one. He was an inspiration to all who knew him and I just can’t imagine him not being with us to see us through whatever knocks us down. He’s always been there. But I guess he had reached the pinacle that God meant for him to reach. His life pushes us forward to live like he did and believe like he did and SERVE like he did. His lessons I learne well and am so grateful he was in my life.He always reminded me of Oswald Chambers in the profound way he thought and challenged us to look at the scriptures in such depth. I’m so sorry of your loss and pray that God will strengthen you as you go forward to continue the ministry you live. You have certainly been blessed with a very special husband and father who loved you very much and wanted you to love the Lord like he did. God Bless you.!!!!!!!!